Clinical nutritionist and best selling health author Jess Sepel is today sharing three of her favorite Healthy Recipes with us!
Not only is she sharing three nutritious and delicious recipes, but we’ve also turned these into some gorgeous recipe cards for you to download and add to your personal recipe collection (because we know you’ll love them that much!)
So let’s get started and we are kicking off with…
Gut-Healing Salmon & Cauliflower Rice Bowl
- 2 salmon fillets organic
- 10 Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 bunch kale washed shredded
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- STEP 2Line a baking tray and add chopped Brussels sprouts. Coat with 1 tbs oil and season with salt. Add to oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, make marinade by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until combined.
- STEP 4Remove Brussels sprouts after 20 minutes and add salmon fillets to the baking tray. Spoon marinade over salmon fillets and return to oven for a further 13-15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- STEP 5Whilst salmon is cooking, heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add kale and sauté until wilted (2-3 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- STEP 6Heat remaining oil in pan and add cauliflower rice. Season with 1 tsp curry powder and salt and sauté until cooked (2-3 minutes).
- STEP 7Remove salmon and brussels sprouts from oven and serve into two bowls. Add sautéed kale and cauliflower rice to bowls.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffin
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in ⅓ cup water for 10 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- ½ block (50g) dark or raw chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil or coconut spray.
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients, except the chocolate and 1 tsp chia seeds. Blitz until you’ve reached a smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray, pressing pieces of chocolate into the middle of the muffins and also on top. Sprinkle with extra chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the muffins are golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a dollop of ricotta or almond butter. Enjoy!
Power Protein Smooth
- 1 serving of protein powder (either 100% natural pea, sprouted brown rice or whey protein) or 2 tbsp LSA mix, or 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp natural almond or peanut butter
- 1-2 tsp stevia granules/powder or 3-4 drops stevia liquid
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/powder (if available)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup frozen berries (can omit)
- 1/4-1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves (can omit)
- 1/2-1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup ice blocks
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Pour into a glass or bowl and top with desiccated coconut, sliced fruit or nuts and seeds for the crunch factor!
IF YOU LOVED THESE RECIPES AS MUCH AS WE DID YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD THESE RECIPES CARDS BY CLICKING HERE
IF YOU ENJOYED THESE RECIPES, CHECK OUT JESS SEPEL’S INTERVIEW ON DG HERE
Articles written by our internal Daily Guru writers, who are certified & qualified growth & development professionals.